Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 8

This time last week I had the guts to make the 1st step and start this program. I think that's the hardest part is just deciding, today is the day.  Because once you are in it, you don't want to fail or cheat.  I haven't wanted to anyway.  Even though sometimes a certain food will catch my eye or nose, I know I can have it eventually, just not today.

I'm a little tired today, but not because of the program.  It is because of old man winter, he was howling at the house at about 5:30 this morning.  Which woke up Evan too, so we laid around in bed and listened to it!  

Tonight I go to Acupuncture and I can't wait to share my results with Judith.  This particular 21 Day Cleanse is only supposed to be done under the care of a Health Professional.  She's the one who suggested it and has helped me in so many ways.

A lot of people have asked me about the acupuncture as well.  I would like to take a minute to tell you my personal story.  In 2006 I found out I was pregnant with our beautiful baby boy.  However, I was on a daily medication for my terrible migraines called "Inderal".  This medicine was terrible, while it did help my headaches I had gained a lot of weight.  The other problem was while pregnant you cannot take this medicine.  My Dr. had suggested some other medications, but I wasn't too keen on taking unnecessary drugs while I was pregnant.  Someone else had suggested acupuncture, at first I was totally against it.  I told them "Nah, I don't think that is for me".  It all sounded too far out and "hippy"!!  I was afraid I would have to stop shaving my armpits and burn incense all the time! :)  Well, the migraines were so unbearable I was fearful I wouldn't be able to enjoy my pregnancy so I gave in and found a local acupuncturist and made my appointment.  I went every week for about 6-8 weeks and about every other week throughout my pregnancy.  Migraines were a thing of the past and I haven't had a SINGLE one since I started!  I've never gone back on any medication.   My pregnancy and delivery were so smooth and easy, something I attribute to acupuncture.  To go from 4-6 migraines a month to NONE is really proof for me!  I'm the kind of person who needs to see to believe.  Well, I was proven wrong that acupuncture works.  Since then I've continued to go even with some breaks while having an infant and no babysitter!!  When I started back this Fall, I told her that I just wasn't happy with how I looked or felt.  After reviewing my diet and lifestyle I knew I had to make some changes.  

This is where the 21 Day Cleanse comes in to play.  I'm confident this will greatly improve my life as well.  Let's face it laying in a dark bedroom in tears a few times a month can take it's toll on you, your marriage and your family.  Being rid of those migraines and the medicine has been a great relief in my life. I hope my story helped and maybe acupuncture can help you in some aspect of your life.  

I'm off to conquer Day 8!!  In my mind...it's already conquered!  

:)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started coming to me. Knowing you has enriched my life just as much. You're doing great and I'll see you tonight - Judith

    ReplyDelete